Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Dish On Brazilian Designer DANIELA ZAGNOLLI

Hello Fashionistas,

Brazilian born founder and CEO of BrazilianDecor.com has launched her New York based line self titled Daniela Zagnolli. Her mission was to design for today's modern woman who wants sophisticated but yet versatile pieces. With only releasing her line just a year ago, she’s already had buzz in Elle magazine. She also brings out her exotic and vibrant essence of her homeland in her collections. So recently, we got a chance to chat with Daniela Zagnolli about her background, style, struggle and upcoming collection.

1. Where are you from & did that inspire your sense of style?

I’m from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. And yes being Brazilian has had big impact on my style. Brazilians are very open to innovative ideas, which make us very creative and outgoing. 60 percent of Brazil's population is under the age of 29, Brazil's shoppers are young, vibrant and modern – qualities that are reflected in the designs.

2. At what age, did you decide you want to be a designer?

36 years old.

3. How did you get started in the Fashion Industry?

I had a modeling agency in Brazil when I was 19 years and worked there for several years. After moving to New York, I started importing home decor and fashion accessories from Brazil, including jewelry, to wholesale into the United States. I realized that people loved the exotic Brazilian style, especially for the jewelry and fashion accessories, necklaces for women, so I decided to design my own collection, which was created last year, 2010.

4. What year did you launch your jewelry/accessories line and what was the FIRST piecing you created for your line?

I launched my first collection last winter, the 2010 winter, and my first created design was the "Butterfly Cuff".

5.Who what inspire your creations?

I draw my inspiration from the exotic influences of Brazil. In fact each of my work is a pure reflection of Brazilian culture and I feel great about it. While I equally draw my inspiration from other sources but it’s the culture that gives me the needed inspiration when I am in great need of it. And each time I drew my inspiration it never failed it excite me and I think this really keeps me going more than anything, so what more is actually needed.

6. What type of woman does your line express? (Fun, working, classic...)

Strong, modern and independent women.


7. Which designers do you draw inspiration from?

Christian Dior, Hermes, Givenchy and some Brazilian designers.


8.What piece from your line are you MOST proud of and why?

My first piece, the Butterfly Cuff.



9.What is the most challenging aspect of the business you are in?

The most challenging aspect of my business was to find and keep a great production team. It has always been a great experience to work with my production team. They have been of constant support to me. And I derive great satisfaction working with them because I feel they have been a part of the growth story and I get overwhelming encouragement from them.


10.What is your advice to up and coming designers?

Never give up and always believe in and love what you do.


11.What should we expect this Fall from your line?

I expanded upon the bold cuffs from my Spring Collection and added a slightly more feminine accent with soft laser cut detailing of the leather. It's all about love cuff this season, don't be afraid to be bold this winter.


12.Where can we purchase pieces from your collection?

You can purchase at our online website at www.DanielaZagnolli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment